About PNOC

pnoc_content_banner_main_coy_profile

PNOC Exploration Corporation is the upstream oil, gas and coal subsidiary of the state-owned Philippine National Oil Company. A government-owned and controlled corporation, the Company was incorporated on 20 April 1976 and is mandated by the government through the Department of Energy (DOE) to take the lead in exploration, development, and production of the country’s oil, gas, and coal resources.


At present, PNOC EC has eight (8) petroleum Service Contracts (SCs), namely: SC 37 (Cagayan), SC 38 (Malampaya), SC 57 (Calamian), SC 58 (West Calamian), SC 59 (West Balabac), SC 63 (East Sabina), SC 74 (Northwest Palawan) and SC 75 (Northwest Palawan). The Company is the operator in SC 37, SC 57, and SC 59 and an active partner in SC 38, SC 58, SC 63, SC 74, and SC 75.

pnoc_content_banner_sub_coy_profile_01

PNOC EC used to operate the very first natural gas facility in the country, the San Antonio Gas Power Plant within SC 37 before joining the Malampaya consortium (SC 38) in 1999 with a 10% stake. Malampaya is the country’s single biggest investment of its kind. PNOC EC also holds four (4) Coal Operating Contracts (COCs), namely: COC 41 (Malangas), COC 122 (Isabela), COC 185 (Buug-Malangas) and COC 186 (Imelda-Malangas). As part of its coal business, the Company also trades coal through its coal terminal located in Malangas, Zamboanga Sibugay.

pnoc_content_banner_sub_coy_profile_03

PNOC EC used to operate the Energy Supply Base in Mabini, Batangas which provided berthing, cargo handling, storage, and warehousing facilities to its energy and commercial clients. However, on January 1, 2018, PNOC took over the operations of ESB from PNOC EC.

pnoc_content_banner_sub_coy_profile_02

PNOC EC Head Office is located at Building 1, Energy Center, Rizal Drive, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, 1634.

(page update September 20, 2018)